2016年6月22日水曜日

Leverage the Internet/Digital while Mixing with Face-to-Face for Successful Japan/Global Business – Japanese Businesses & MNCs Operating in Japan


So far, I have outlined 5 approaches that are inevitable in successful business in Japan.



In order to make them work, you need 2 things, which are the 6th and the 7th approach.



The 6th is to leverage the Internet technology.



It allows you to network with experts around the globe via social media, just as I am doing NOW using LinkedIn, blogs, Facebook etc., as well as getting information online using search.



It is this way that I have access to information worldwide and have been gaining relevant information/data as long as they are in Japanese (my native language) to English. 



It is this way that I met people outside Japan/my area who turned out to be great friends and experts in respective realm who kindly provided with their wisdom especially via LinkedIn discussions. They consequently helped me writing my eBook as well as in doing other things at work or outside work.



Key people in writing and completing the eBook include those whom I met online, and worked/collaborated online. Some of them I also collaborated offline (i.e. face-to-face) if/where possible.



My advice is you take similar approach. In doing so, you need to remember that social media landscape in Japan is quite different from those in your country.  You also need to remember that Japanese people do prefer face-to-face communication. They would not start business only by interaction online.



This is one of the topics I have covered in my two eBooks I wrote, which was published by StartiaLab, a leading Japanese eBook publisher in November, 2015.