2016年4月20日水曜日

You Cannot Underestimate Manners & Customs, Culture for Successful Global Business – Japanese Businesses vs MNCs Operating in Japan


As in previous posts, regulations/rules and language, knowledge of market and customers of foreign market, and operations are key factors in going global yet difficult to overcome. 



There is one more thing you cannot simply ignore – business manners & customs, and culture.



I actually was asked to do an hour consulting over phone of an American business professional about this last year. They had set up a joint venture with a Japanese local company and started their Japan business but were having problems and he concluded it was because of corporate culture.



He seemed to have tried to understand this issue by reading some books but decided to have my consultation. From our conversation he seemed to have been spot on and told me he would immediately take actions based on my consultation.



The Japanese companies going global also have the very same issue.



This is one of the topics I have covered in my two eBooks I wrote, which was published by StartiaLab, a leading Japanese eBook publisher in November, 2015.